Values and Ethos
Our mission at Central Street School is to inspire and develop interest in learning for life within a happy, creative and secure environment.
We aim to:
- Create a stimulating and inclusive learning environment which ensures each child achieves their full potential.
- Ensure that every child receives a broad and balanced education of the highest standard.
- Maintain a safe, caring, happy community where every child matters.
- Encourage respect for each other and for the environment.
- Create self-motivating, self-disciplined, independent thinkers.
- Nurture the spiritual, moral, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of each individual for life.
- Work in partnership with families to create an open and welcoming school.
- Foster a sense of awe and wonder and develop our natural curiosity.
- Equip children with the fundamental skills to enjoy and achieve in life.
At Central Street we actively promote equality and diversity in all areas of our life and work. We will not tolerate discrimination on unlawful or unfair grounds. All will be treated equally and given equal access to the curriculum and life of the school. All will have equal opportunity to benefit from all that we offer. Our intention is to develop an ethos in which all will thrive. Diversity and differences will be valued, respected and celebrated by all and they will contribute to the richness of our school life and learning.