ASD Resourced Provision
At Central Street, we host an ASD resourced provision for Reception and Key Stage 1 pupils.The provision offers an intensive, autistic specific programme with opportunities for age appropriate inclusion to prepare children with ASD to be successful learners in mainstream education.
The provision has places for 6 pupils at any one time. Entry to the provision is only though an Local Authority admissions panel that meets termly.
The classroom aims to create a structured ASD friendly teaching environment, using the principles of TEACCH programme. Pupils are taught using a variety of strategies and ASD approaches according to their needs and abilities.
Children will take place in social integration within Central Street School including lunchtimes, playtimes and assembly. Children will integrate within the mainstream school based on their strengths, interests and ages.
The ASD Resourced Provision at Central Street offers:
- Access to a specialist resourced classroom with specially trained teaching and support staff
- A controlled social/language environment
- High adult to pupil ratios
- Access to centrally delivered/school based training for families, school staff and other professionals to increase knowledge and skills in relation to ASD
- Access to specialist support, advice and intervention from the ASD team
- An ASD specific curriculum delivered alongside the Early Years Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum
- An appropriate IEP that addresses the pupil's ASD and learning needs
- Opportunities to learn social behaviors from peers
- A low stimulation environment in the resourced based classroom